Tuesday, December 08, 2009

And I bring home






the State award for Sahana today. It was quite an event and I had gone to meet the Honble Chief Minister yesterday to pay my respects and also thank him for the award. The pictures were there in most Tamil Newspapers today

Shreeni sir, Belli Raj, Mahathi and I performed a medley with Alaap on the guitars and Shyam Benjamin on the Keys. Our rehearsals were great and it came out pretty well on stage too. One of those rare occasions. Usually Murphy's law is at play. Sahana kinda became a tad too slow though. I had my eyes closed while singing and when I opened them I saw the camerman extremely close to my face, one of those shots that they plan. And opening my eyes to the wide lens of a camera in front of me made me gape a bit and the audience had a good laugh over it. That was fun.

Thereafter I came back and settled down in my designated seat and after a while one of the organizers asked me to sing a couple more songs. There was no time to plan and I was clueless on what to do for a few seconds. I went backstage and requested Karthik to sing along and we sang Laesa parakkudhu, followed by Vaarayo Vaarayo and interestingly the Honble Chief Minister's entry happened during that song, precisely when I sang the first line. Some sort of a providence it must have been. Karthik ended that session with his Anjala and then the stage was taken over by some very interesting acts on stage which, I think, would not be right if I wrote about it now. One I don't want to be a killjoy and two, I think the channel would be planning teasers and trailers on what is to come in this show, whenever it is going to be televised. Of course the papers will carry reports and the Tamil dailies may have the details too but I am not sure if I am that great a reporter. If my hunch is right, the show shall be telecast on Kalaignar TV.

Though the seats at the University Centenary auditorium are sooo dated, the seats didn't leave most of us with unnecessary cricks or uncomfortable postures. I find the seats uncomfortable even in the most up-to-date audis in Chennai. But then, its my personal opinion.

And now I am off to get some sleep that has been in serious short supply. In just about a week and a half, I have some hectic travel.

I am performing in Kuwait, at American International School on the 18th of this month. If any of you are there, please do come to the concert. I would love to meet you there.






41 comments:

Tisai said...

Congratulations!
Best wishes for the next one :)

hamaarethoughts.com said...

nice!!come to USA ..I wud luv to meet u !!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

There are some Tamil writers in this stage. Can you take it to some authorities, (just a forward mail would do)?

http://www.thinnai.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=20701251&format=html

Sathya said...

hearty congrats Chinmayi...waiting to watch d show when telecasted ...

Maddy said...

Hi Chinmayi,

Congrats once again for the award.

Any plans of coming to Dubai/Sharjan???

Panjabootham said...

congrats, chinmayi. Wishing you much more awards to come in future

Aakarsh said...

Congratulations Chinmayi! :) Wishing you many more musically-enriching songs/experiences (that matter more than awards i guess), which, in the course of your path/time, will translate into awards. All the best!

Vidhya said...

CONGRATS Chinmayi!! just as much as this song is spl for u, so it is for my lil' daughter sahana, whose about a year and a half. The joy & smiles, this song brings to her face is priceless. One day i wish i cud have u sing this 'live' for my daughter!! any programs in muscat??

ப்ரியா கதிரவன் said...

வாழ்த்துக்கள் சின்மயி.

M GANESAN said...

Congratulations on behalf of all music fans. I am happy only after seeing your post since I am unable to know from the tv news whether you have paticipated or not .Only they have shown Mrs. Mahathi"s face .

we are waiting for the total telecast day .

thanks
Regards

M.GANESAN
GOA

Ramya said...

Congrats:)

Anonymous said...

HAI CHINMAYI

CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU GET MORE AND MORE AWARDS!!

GOD BLESS!!!..................

TAKE CARE!!!!

Matangi Mawley said...

Congrats!! :) May you have more such awards.. :) n all wishes for the concert ahead!

Marimuthu said...

Chinmayi,

Congratulations and all the best.

Yayathy said...

I hope you dont strain your nerves too much while singing. How are you able to write so many posts over the years.....?


Cheers!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :)

Anitha D said...

CONGRATULATIONS CHINMAYI!!!! AWESOME song and AWESOME voice! I'm sure many more awards are waiting for you! Keep rocking as always!

Vijai said...

Hi. Chin...
Vaazhtukkal.
Btw..the last foto from behindwoods is the gaped one?
Looks cool... :)
Any plans to come NYC ?

Shobana said...

Congrats on the award! Wishing you many more such awards and many many more beautiful songs!

Rakesh said...

Congrats Chinmayi.. So apt that u had to get the award for an AR song.. :)

Sathiya said...

Congrats Chinmayi!

Ramki said...

Congrats Chinmayi. Hope this milestones adds more color to your already colorful life. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Vazhthukkal.

-kajan

Santhosh said...

Congrats Chinmayee... Great song indeed... wishing u several more such awards in years to come...may god be with u.... keep up the gud work !! :)

Anonymous said...

In a recent interview wif Benny Dayal, which was aired on TV recently in S'pore... he mentioned that u r one of his favourite singers!!

Congrats girl :D

Akhil

மணி said...

congrats all d best

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!... :)

Aishwarya said...

Hi!!! Ive been an avid reader of ur blog, n have really loved ur insights on many issues n enjoyed ur compering on tv shows as well. This is my 1st time commenting thoh, simply have to extend my congratulations for u upon winning the state award. My best wishes for u to see gr8 successes in the future as well!

madhu.g said...

Hi hearty congratulations Chinmayi. Why don’t you add Following gadget to your blog, here is how you can add it. http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=141483 guess what im exploring all your live videos on youtube. Bye.

VAIRAMUTHUSASIREKHA said...

Hi chinmayi,
Hearty wishes for your award winning and May god bless you to grow more in the field :)
Regards
Sasirekhavairamuthu.

Praveen Venkatachari said...

Congratulations, once again.

Whenever you plan to perform in Singapore, keep us posted (in the blog) well in advance, so that we can plan it accordingly.

Surendar said...

Hey chinmayee...congrats yar. May u get awards like dis in the coming years. I became a fan of urs after hearing ooo aayeeyae song (ayan).Really, u hv a superb voice. Particularly in that song...i can say ur voice s similar 2 a sound when glass breaks...Something refreshing as a morning cup of cappuccino...
God bless u yar....

Madhu said...

Aw congratz.
Love your dressing sense Chinmayi and I've also noticed that you mostly stick with red-green combination (may or may not be a right assumption) Lovely.

santhosh P kumar said...

Hi chinn,
Best wishes for you and my request is you forget this award because this is mine and our, you look forward for another award.

Good luck for your future and my prayers will be for you.

santhosh P kumar

தமயந்தி said...

hi chinmayee..congrats my girl1remeber me.. u wud be the sweestest girl on earth when u sang enna idhu for an intreview in hellofm..its me dear!

பிரியமுடன்... said...

wHaTtoWrIteheRe....Congrtz

Indian_Explorer said...

Hi Chinmayi,

Congrats for the truly well deserved state award for "Sahana".
I listen to this song of yours very often. It is one of the best songs I have ever heard and your voice is just magnificent!
Keep up the great work!!!!!

Regards,
Padmashree

Ahil said...

Not bad :P
great.. keep it up..

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sahana is a lovly song
sorry for the delay had univ exams.
-kas

Deepak said...

Congrats :)

Unknown said...

Picture# 2 - kinda childish face...