Monday, June 20, 2016

Indoctrination .....

I have wondered how it was possible for a group of human beings endowed with the same raw materials as anyone else; i.e. mental facilities, EQ, IQ et al could be brought up to completely, implicitly believe a certain thought process, without a sense of right and wrong. 

It is frightening how it is easy for a set of adults to wield power, especially over children and get them to implicitly follow a set of beliefs. Present them 'truths' and 'lies' the way they want to; under a light they beam. Add poverty to that mix and the power in the hands of the few 'benefactors' becomes absolute. Even in seemingly conflict-free societies we may be able to observe how one person that wields a sufficient amount of influence on a group can prod and channelize collective thinking on to a certain path. 

When and if at all the veil lifts, there is a sense of being cheated. The time invested in a belief system is brought to nought and leaves confusion and mistrust in its wake. 

What strange creatures we humans are. For so many this trip around the sun is only about power. About how many they can control and how much they can control. About keeping the insecurities in people alive and kicking so that it can be dipped into at the right time. Small wonder that both religion and politics choose to wield the same baton and we as the stupid herd, follow. The few that don't get beaten down.

As much as some try and do a lot to restore faith in humanity as a whole, most others do a stellar job in helping us lose that very same thing.  

Makes me even more afraid wondering how many children are at the mercy of megalomaniacs and psychopaths who walk about in the guise of mentors, teachers and caregivers. 

Safe to say, I am not sure how much I love this world, as of today. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel today is very special. I just finished reading Dan Brown's 'Angels and Daemons' and was filled with thoughts so much inline with your writing. I went on to find out more about Dan Brown only to find out today is his birthday. I thought, my mind was just looking for excuses to feel some unknown magic and switched off the topic. I thought music would bring me the most needed peace. I was listening to your songs. Your voice, man!!! And then.. the song - "idhayam".. again as the usual ritual of mine.. started learning more about you. Then I find this!!! Back to square zero :P

PS: I love your voice and respect you immensely for your work. You are an inspiration to young women like me.