Monday, June 14, 2010

The Audio Launch of Lamhaa

in Mumbai was a new experience for me. For one, it happened in a mall. I hear a couple of movies before that had had their audio launch in a mall before but I am not sure if they performed there. But we did. A stage was set up in the atrium of Oberoi mall and there we were getting the sound check done in front of an audience and finally the performance.
My sojourn in Mumbai lasted 3 days and quite some hectic activity, thankfully. I guess if I hadn't had much to do I would not have been too happy with the excess time on my hands and maybe as I have mentioned before I am not a shopping enthusiast. Now that I have picked up some major interest in baking I had made a note of what I needed and what some friends needed which I successfully picked up very close to the home I was staying in there. I would perhaps love a personal shopper like the character portrayed by Cameron Diaz in 'In Her Shoes'. Not that I do much of it now. Anyway, I am digressing. It was great to catch up with Mithoon after all this while and he is more of a spiritually elevated soul now as I noticed. And what an album. Completely in love with it. Here are some pictures from the launch. Do have a listen to the album and if you are downloading, do so legally :)

22 comments:

karthi1289 said...

super chinmayi you done a great job

santhosh P kumar said...

Hello chin,
Its so nice to see you there.
Good Luck.
santhosh P kumar

Hariharan Ragunathan said...

Missed the chance to see you live :( but will compenste by hearing your voice in lamha

santhosh P kumar said...

chinn,
Have you worked for Raaja sir's music recently ? I need a song in Raajas music, i hpoe you vl get a it soon, I'vl pray for it.
I am great fan of Illayaraja and also you.

Arrchana Raj said...

Ya... I was in mumbai for more than a year...and Malls are the best places to get a chance to see thier fav stars...as all movies would have either audio/film realease in malls...the news would be out just a day before... and we would throng at those places...sumtimes even taking breaks from office hours and ending up working late nit! :)

Praveen said...

Madno is beautiful Chinmayi. btw if I can ask...isn't this your first Hindi song for a composer who is not ARR?

best wishes

BriceColdPlayOnwards said...

Lamhaa is indeed a great album, Chinmayi. I'm pretty sure even the mannequins will be tapping their pedestals! Bechari Bipasha...probably no one noticed her with you in the room =p

Chinmayi Sripada /Chinmayee said...

BriceCold: Yeah right!!! I think most stopped breathing when she entered the room :D

BriceColdPlayOnwards said...

Haha, that's probably due to some kind of delusional sleep apnea. Everyone saw your dreamy figure and their brains told them they were sleeping. This accounts for the drooling as well :)

Chinmayi Sripada /Chinmayee said...

Tooooo MUCH!!!

M GANESAN said...

Nice to hear about your Song in LAMHAA Album & your frequent trips to Bollywood.

BriceColdPlayOnwards said...

Haha, I can only imagine how dumb that sounded to someone with both modesty and a psychology degree! Nannu kshminchanDi! :D

Deepa said...

That's a beautiful dress you're wearing Chinmayi!

Ramya said...

That's great! Welcome back! Wud be grt to see you. You are such a good host, your voice does it all! Hey covered your song from vennila kabadi kuzhu, do listen to it when time permits, thanks:)
http://live-with-music.blogspot.com/2010/06/lesa-parakkudhu-with-vishnu.html

Anonymous said...

My goodness Chinmayi... you are really tall!! (how tall are you, btw??)

that was a very pleasant surprise!!

Unknown said...

Madhno sounded really good!

Btw, dont be mad...but earthy shades/white and blue do more justice to your looks. the green outfit and bling looks a tad loud unless its a chennai crowd. a chic western would have been perfect :) my 2 fashionista cents.

Shwetha

Ramya said...

Congratsss! will chk the album soon. And you look pretty in green:D Keep rocking!

BinVij said...

Just finished hearing the soundtrack Madinho from Lamha.. and want to tell you that your voice touches hearts. Its got that perfect mix of sufi and hindustani. Not many voices could have matched it. Good one.. all the best !!!

valli said...

hi chinmayi....
hearty congrats 4 winning Vijay award...

by the by y??? were u so grumpy...

u should'nt have let ur feelings shown.....

waiting to c u on the screen...

a big WELCOME......

Anonymous said...

u look the most presentable on the stage for the event :)

- agna

Ammu said...

Nice song! Congrats :)God bless u

admin said...

chinmayi both of the songs madno and sajnaa are really super up one.... great singing skill of the India... keep singing ..