Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trichy connections

Just came to my knowledge that one of my grandmothers hails from Trichy. Probably explains the minor bit of attachment that I felt while there. Apparently the people of Trichy cook extremely well. My mom has been wishing that I could imbibe some culinary skills, if any were infused into my genes. So far I am not majorly interested in cooking. I remember I had a huge cooking madness in my teens. Cooked Chinese and wotnot and called lot of my friends home for lunch. Yes they all live happily ever after and are healthy. It used to turn out pretty well, Yep I know I should not compliment myself, but I know when I have pulled off something good. Somewhere down the line, mom decided to call the shots and say enough is enough, the kitchen is a mess and asked me to get out. I don't do anything stellar in the kitchen these days. My mom has faith that things will change. Hm...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who cares whether you cook or you don't cook!

Kaushik said...

nice to know that you were interested in cooking. I´m sure your skills are not lost especially since you have a great mom to guide you. Hope to see more posts of your cooking experiences soon :)

Cheers,
Kaushik

Anonymous said...

Hai akka,
The GENES whether inherited or not if u decide to cook with full heart u will be amazing in the field of catering too..akka!hOPE the food which u cook wil be very nasty (chee..) sorry ''TASTY''
by-jishu

Vasanthan said...

if what u mean by "Chinese" was noodles, half cooked vegetables and lots of soya sauce then i am raring to eat it.

But if your meaning of "Chinese" is some strange outcome of your culinary experiment that you decide classify into a cuisine that not many would have tried then it is a smart idea, but not a safe idea to eat it.

based on your mom's reaction i fear it is the later.

Amalapriya said...

Hi friends...

Read all your comments about my shop 'Michael's ice cream'- Trichy,very happy to hear from you all and its only because of our customers (you) we were able to come up with many branches kindly send in your feedbacks to my mail so that we can serve you better...

Thankyou........
Amalapriya.
E-mail id: micamalapriya@ymail.com