Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Fan meet.. or was it?

For a long while, the people in my Orkut community have been thinking of planning a meet and asked me to land up. It was getting tossed this way and that and I wasn't sure whether it would happen around these times, at least until Super Singer was over.
But somehow a date was fixed for the 27th of September and we decided to meet up at Amethyst. Along came the 26th and I was chilling out. Only to be reminded by Kathiresan uncle, a person who has been a fan but more a family member now, that the meet is for the following day and whether I was prepared. I was like "Ohmigosh", logged in to Orkut, which I hadn't done in a while and penciled the time in for 4 PM. And this I was doing late 26th night.
Hardly expected anyone to turn up when I went to Amethyst. Kathiresan uncle could not make it and the girl who had actually started this community a couple of years back, Madhumathi was away at Hyderabad. Once I landed, I saw a couple of guys at the entrance and they introduced themselves while we headed inside. Some 15 people had landed up which was super for me considering the short notice.
I was hungry so the first thing that I wanted to do was check out the Menu. And was hardly impressed. But then this is not a food review, so I shall stave off that.
We went about getting introduced. And then they put forth questions on how I got to sing for Rahman sir, Airtel Super Singer, who my favorites are, Dubbing experiences, being an RJ and there was a short singing session, before I had to take off. The Vijay TV crew was already waiting. I got a birthday card, beautiful flowers and a couple of memoirs.
Somehow it did not feel like I was meeting strangers but it was more like a High school reunion of sorts. Definitely one of the beautiful trees that will be part of my memory lane.
And thanks for turning up people!





20 comments:

SHEETAL AMBAR said...

That was trully sweet.. Im sure ur fans who were present will have more things to comment about this... Must have been an unforgetable experience for all of ull...

harish said...

chin akka, a great blogger just posts all thing he does at least in a span of a day,as you have did...a really nice write up...and more to say we too din have the feel of meeting a celeb like you,just loved the way you and mom spoke to us....thanks a lot

Teshu said...

I remember we had our first bloggers meet way back in Jan 2003, when blogging was still relatively unknown and blogger was owned by startup called Pyra and not Google. Such community get togethers are fun since you get to put the face behind the posts.

So why not have a Facebook community meeting? Maybe in Bangalore - if you drop by in this area? :)

Rivjot said...

Lucky fans of you.. indeed, must have been wonderful experience for them :)

Chinmayee, I got a question for you

can we expect your song in Rahman's upcoming musical - Yuvvraaj (music releasing on 10th oct)

Mahesh said...

It was a great day for all of us...we never thought that she would turn up when we started the thread in the community....

And when we met her...she was so down to earth and never had the celebrity feel or nothing of that sort....

She was chatting with us like one of our very old friend and we had fun enjoying her songs, her mom telling about the incidents looking for a boy for chin akka....

Both chin akka and mom was so loving that they moved so friendly with us....which you wouldn't see with anyother celebrity..

Chin akka asked even to drop somebody on the way and seeing all that i could say that she has become our favorite friend!!

Padmanabhan said...

just wondering. why there were only two girls out of 15 or so around.

LOL.

anyway, interesting blog. sensible. clearly shows that you think, out of all the indian celebs around.

blog more often. I mean, as often as you can.

Unknown said...

Yes. This is a best part in my life time. Unforgettable memory. I cannot forget this day. At this time She did not behave like a celebrity. She treated as her friends.

Maddy said...

""Somehow it did not feel like I was meeting strangers""......

the positive side of net friendship/ social network/blog is that I guess. Hope the guys enjoyed as much as you had.

Madhumathi Satish said...

Awesome chinmayi. Nice to hear that you had a great time. Even the people left comments in the community that they never felt like they were meeting a celebrity, so down to earth you were. I knew this about you long long back and forced my way to create a community just for you! :)

I really missed it this time. Next time, I would love to meet you and everyone. Will wait for that day.

பிரியமுடன்... said...

மூழ்காத ship ஏ
'fan' ship ஆ!

பாடலுக்கு மட்டுமல்ல
புகை படத்திற்கும் நீங்கள் அழகுதான்!

அனைவரின் அன்பும்
அழகாக தெரிகிறது புகைப்படத்தில்!

Unknown said...

tht was great gesture from u chinmayee... u being such a huge star.. it was really great of u to land up for some social networking fan club meet... and it sure must have been great for ur fans to catch a glimpse of u...
love ur blog and singing..

Unknown said...

wow! that sure would have been fun to meet ones favorite singer who is down to earth and friendly...nice pics too!

Unknown said...

Thanks a Lot chinmayi

SARAS said...

You are the best

Anonymous said...

You look a little tired in the pictures. But still you are an angel. Your love and respect for your fans and friends will take you a long long way. Cheers !!

Anonymous said...

Hope u had very good time :)

only one thing i can say now...

we r also waiting to meet u :) hope we will get the chance soon :) :) :)

குப்பன்.யாஹூ said...

Hi Chinmayi

Well done, Its good show.

This reveals your simplicity. I am a great fan of you from oru divam thandha veedu song (kannathil muthamitttaal).

In Vijay TV Airtel super singer, FM radio Coffee club (especially how to avoid malayria fever...)., your work is excellent.

With kind regards

Kuppan_yahoo

Aparna said...

oh mannn!!!! I missed it... :-( Hey Chinmayi... would you compering PAADUM office this time too.. We hardly had any time to talk last year...

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful...
is this getting telecasted in VIJAY tv by any chance? [:D]
hope an update in this blog space about ur fan's club meet will keep us posted!

cheers. :)

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Keep it up...

chinmayi, unable to listen aahaa fm..i think its a technical problem, pls let system guys know about it...Thanks.