Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Chennai Auditions went by succesfully and I cant imagine the amount of fun I am having. Have been meeting a lot of people, and I have ended up asking the same girl her name thrice. And its amazing how people still have the patience to reply. And then I remember I already asked them and then tell them I have short term memory loss. Somehow, as far as my memory is concerned a lot of data that is stored in Short Term Memory and its travel to Long Term Memory, there seems to be a slip somewhere... the travel just fails to happen. I am amazed as to how some people can remember several things, names, birthdays, addresses, clothes they wore... whoah that is something. Wish I get that ... at least will lead less ppl to think that I am the 'celeb' types not remembering names. Now that I am on this side, I see really how tough it is for people to recall and next time someone doesnt remember who I am, I know what it is like... and in most cases they are not faking it.
The one thing about the auditions is that I have never done so much walking and running about in my life and I am usually dead on my legs. Have woken up after about 11 hours of sleep. I really wonder how people in Vijay TV manage. And how they manage to keep their head cool after all this. And I fly off the lid if a translator doesnt deliver on time.....
Looking forward to the Madurai Auditions of Airtel Super Singer.

Those of you who havent made it to Coimbatore and Chennai, catch the train to Madurai and watch Vijay TV for important info!

7 comments:

Suryasach said...

Super Singer in Tamil ... nice . I always have feeling that south india has comparatively more singing talents than north. This is surely an oppurtunity to find out the true picture.

Anyway, will u also be like Anu malik, Sonu Nigam belting the contenstants left and right :). Waiting for the show !!!

Soundar G said...

Nice to read your Super Singer experiences. When we meet so many people all of a sudden, we tend to store details in STM, unless something about the person makes you remember for longer duration.

One of the good things about reading your blog is learning new words (or idioms). When you mentioned "fly off the lid", although I understood the meaning (by context), I was curious to find out more about it. Found very less details for "fly off the lid", but found a better match in "fly off the handle". Also found "flip one's lid".

Wish you lots of energy & good luck for your Super Singer task!

Thanks,

Soundar

RAM said...

great experience u have posted what do u think for a singer to be among the best? in this new competitive industry........

RAM said...

iam a big fan of u thats the case i scrap u hope a reply from u!!!!!!! to my blog bye for now.....

totti said...

stupid memory can cause such embarassing experiences. Ofcourse, then, the embarassing memories are etched nice and deep :p. Like you forget your interviewer's name during the interview..and you end up gaping like a fish!!

slomoninja said...

Hi
could u upload 'oru deivam thandha poove' in your audio blog? i became your fan because of that song and the page seems incomplete without it.

cheers

Chinmayi Sripada /Chinmayee said...

sarvamitran: the song is there.. please look :)